SCAM WARNING: A general warning, due to their ongoing prevalence in the conference industry, is to please be aware of scams regarding hotel booking/availability. The conference organizers will never contact you regarding hotels, nor do we have an official partner that would do so, so any company contacting you by telephone and/or email regarding hotels must be considered a scam.
1. When will the conference take place? Where is it located?
Time Machine 2018 will take place October 30-31, 2018 at the SwissTech Convention Center in Lausanne, Switzerland.
2. Is the conference schedule available?
A preliminary programme is live, and more details will be posted on our website as they are confirmed. There will be a pre-conference “Time Machine Academy 2018” workshop followed by the main “Time Machine Conference 2018”, with registration for each available separately.
3. How can I register? What are the registration rates?
You may register via our Eventbrite page, and registration is free of charge for both the “Time Machine Academy 2018” and “Time Machine Conference 2018”. We have the two registration options separated for logistical reasons, and you may choose to attend one or the other or both.
4. I only want to attend one day of the conference; is this possible?
Yes, your registration(s) will be valid for each option selected (Academy and/or Conference), regardless of how much time you actually attend. Registration is free of charge either way.
5. I only want to attend one session. Can I do this without registering for the conference?
Individuals wanting to participate in one session must register anyway; The SwissTech Convention Center will not allow unregistered attendees to access the conference venue. Registration is free of charge.
6. Is the Time Machine Academy included in conference registration? How do I add the Time Machine Academy to my registration?
You can register for the Time Machine Academy at the same time as the Time Machine Conference. The Time Machine Academy is open to all, and it is free of charge.
7. Will I receive a certificate of attendance?
A certificate of attendance is available upon request by contacting us following the conference.
8. What is the cancellation policy for the conference?
Registration is free or charge, and there is no cost to cancel. However, should you need to cancel, please do so via the Eventbrite registration site in good time to help the organizers.
9. What services are available for special needs and requests?
The Time Machine FET Flagship encourages persons with disabilities to participate in their programs and activities. Should you have any concerns, please contact us to request further information or other accommodations for special needs.
10. How can I reserve a hotel room, and what are the rates?
Please visit the Accommodation page for information. The conference organizers will not be booking rooms on behalf of participants, and we will never contact you for this reason, so please be aware of potential scams.
11. Will there be catering at Time Machine 2018?
There will be morning and afternoon refreshment breaks each day with drinks and snacks provided, in addition to an opening apéritif with some food and drinks provided. Lunch will not be provided by the organizers; however, the EPFL campus has many options available for you at a variety of price points to suit all dietary needs:
12. What should I wear? Is there a dress code?
There is no explicit dress code for Time Machine 2018, so please feel welcome to wear casual and comfortable clothing.
13. Will there be an exhibit area? When will it be open?
The Time Machine Forum with its exhibits and demonstrations will run in parallel to the sessions and be open the entire conference. It will be located in the main foyer of the SwissTech Convention Center.
14. How do I get to the SwissTech Convention Center?
All information on how to get to Lausanne and to the Swiss Tech Convention Center can be found here. Please note that a free pass for public transit will be provided at check-in for those booking at a hotel.
15. How can I reserve exhibitor space in the Time Machine Forum?
We are not currently seeking commercial exhibitors; however, should your company’s products/innovations fit the conference theme, please contact us for more information.
16. How can my organization become a conference sponsor?
Sponsorship opportunities are very limited in scope and requests will be addressed on an ad hoc basis. To become a sponsor and for more information, please contact us.
17. Can I advertise in the conference program?
This is a possibility and each request will be considered on an individual basis. Please contact us for more information. The deadline for requests is September 30, 2018.
18. Can I receive a list of participants or attendees?
No. In order to protect the privacy of all participants, this information will never be shared/sold.
19. I am an overseas participant and need a letter of invitation before I can receive my visa. What is the procedure?
Time Machine 2018 will provide letters of invitation to registrants upon request. Please contact us if needed.
20. My question is not listed here. Whom do I contact?
Please contact us for assistance.